Friday, December 19, 2014
To us the path of knowledge show
Santa in a room.
Statehouse lit up over the Fourth District Appellate Court of Illinois.
Statehouse Christmas lights reflected in the Willard Ice Building at night.
Posted by: Marie at 10:22 PM |
Monday, December 15, 2014
The police in New York City
Posted by: Marie at 9:30 PM |
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Me sailed the ship all alone
* Book trailer: "The HAIGHT: Love, Rock, and Revolution":
Grammy Trustees Award-Winning photographer Jim Marshall is renowned for his powerful portraits of some of the greatest musicians in the world. Marshall’s new book “The Haight: Love Rock and Revolution” is a one-of-a-kind chronicle of mostly unpublished photos he shot between1965-1968 during the apex of the counter culture revolution. The book features hundreds of images from Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead, to Bill Graham, Allen Ginsberg, Timothy Leary and Jefferson Airplane. Written by bestselling San Francisco music journalist Joel Selvin, the story behind each of these stunning images is incomparable.
Posted by: Marie at 8:04 PM |
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Half past dead
The sun came out for a few minutes today. Then it went down.
* The City of Springfield has struck a deal with the owner of the Bel-Aire whereby all the residents will be evicted and the vintage Route 66 motel will be demolished: Remaining Bel-Aire residents wonder where they’ll go next. Photos of some of the residents.
* Photos: Gun violence in Chicago.
* This is all kinds of messed up: Fort Bragg postpones discharge hearing for Staff Sgt. Joshua Eisenhauer.
* Here's a web site you can get totally lost in: Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields. Here's a great place to start: Northern Chicago area. (Found here: Naval Air Station Glenview, buried in plain sight.)
Posted by: Marie at 7:54 PM |
Thursday, December 11, 2014
They were asking if you were around
Last night. Hands up. Don't shoot.
Tonight. I can't breathe. (I had nothing to do with this violence. I'm just documenting it.)
Posted by: Marie at 10:30 PM |