Monday, August 26, 2002, 9:57 p.m.
Happy birthday Rob......
After much contemplation, I successfully signed up for BlogSnob and it was completely painless. Go ahead, give it a whirl.
Automated Perl Portal, is a portal or blog written in Perl - non-SQL background. Based on YaWPs, alternative to Nuke, Features include, Forums, News, Polls, Downloads, Links, Banner ads, admin broadcast message, IM's, onsite newsletter, more..
So far, I've only downloaded and unzipped the files. From what I've seen so far, it's a real beauty and looks like it was tailor-made for me. If I'm successful in getting it installed (which I think I will be from what I've seen so far), I'll do a test blog on this server. If that goes well, I may adopt it as my journal client. I'll post updates as I go along.
It's that time again: Monday Mission:
1. What do you do to make things better when you feel sad and/or lonely? For the most part, I try to stay on an even keel. As far as sadness goes, I've found that if I just ride it out and not wallow in it, it'll pass just fine on its own. As for being lonely? Ha! As much as I would love to make a connection with someone, I can't remember a time when I've actually felt lonely, even when I'm alone. I treasure being alone. That said, I realize it may not always be that way.
2. Are you a "touchy-feely" person? That is, do you like to touch people you don't know that well? And on the flipside of that, do you like being touched by someone you aren't close with? Depends. I very much enjoy touching and being touched by the "right person." Other than that, I'm a hands-off person.
3. Do you like to have "me" time, time to yourself to be alone and relax? Or do you prefer to just do your own thing with someone else in the room? When was the last "me" time you got and what did you do? It doesn't matter as long as it's quality time. Now that my kids are older, I get a lot more "me" time than I used to. Whenever I get the chance, I like to go exploring with my camera.
4. Generally speaking, how do you feel about the concept of marriage? Are you the marrying type? Do you think the act of getting married means something today or is it simply just "a piece of paper?" I think marriage is great and am a firm believer in it. To me, it is much much more than a piece of paper. I think it is possibly one of the most important, if not the most important, steps a person can make in life. Unfortunately, I never got married due to a combination of things, the likes of which I'll not go into at this time.
5. That said, as many as 25 states have passed legislation regulating who they believe should be the "marrying type." What are your thoughts on the banning of same-sex marriages? I think same-sex marriage should be allowed. I didn't always feel that way, but that was due to a lack of understanding and knowledge. It's hard to believe that in the year 2002 states have passed legislation specifically against same-sex marriage, much less that we're still having this debate. For as much as I really don't want to turn this journal into a debate on this subject, I just have to say, psst, Ste, it's not a choice. (He's young)
6. If there was one law you had the ability to create or change, what would it be? Right off the top of my head, I would like to see a term limits law passed on members of the United States congress. Specifically, two 2-year terms for representatives, and one 6-year term for senators.
7. What would you like someone visiting your Blog for the first time to know about you? Now is your chance! I'm better at solving other people's problems than my own.
BONUS: Can you hear them? Not on my own, but thanks to Ozzie for making it possible.
© L.M. Carnes 2002.
All original content herein owned by L.M. Carnes unless otherwise noted.